- 1 cup (120g) walnuts
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup (60ml) rice malt syrup
- 8 californian dates
- ½ tbsp. cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups (500g) peanut butter
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or equivalent vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp extra coconut oil
Chocolate Drizzle: (optional):
- ½ cup (90g) dark sugar free chocolate
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place walnuts in the food processor and process until nuts have broken down into small pieces.
- Add coconut, dates, syrup, salt and cacao powder and process. The mixture should begin to stick together.
- Press base mixture into prepared loaf tin and spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer.
- Blitz banana, peanut butter, vanilla and 3 tbsp coconut oil in the processor until mixture is completely smooth.
- Remove tin from freezer. Divide the filling in half, and pour one half over the base. Place the tin back in the freezer.
- Add cacao powder and extra 1 tbsp coconut oil to the remaining filling and process.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and spread remaining filling evenly to complete the three layer slice. Set in freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Remove cake from tin, and cut into slices. Place pieces on their side on a sheet of baking paper.
- For chocolate drizzle (optional), place chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Once the chocolate begins to melt, reduce the heat to simmer and stir chocolate until it has fully melted. Remove from heat.
- With a spoon, drizzle each slice with melted chocolate in a zig-zag motion.
- Best eaten within 30-40 mins of removing from freezer.